Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Animals and an Animal Print for Inspiration


Villa Cantina has great bones but there are a few things that I am not crazy about. The kitchen cabinetry is not very interesting. She (Villa Cantina) is for the most part a traditional meditteranean, with a few tweaks here and there. Hence in choosing finishes, furniture, art and fabrics...the tweeks (ie cabinets) had to be taken into account when considering the overall design. Perhaps they will get a painted finish at some point but for now the have to be dealt with as they are. We are trying to accomplish a beautiful design on a budget. When I begin a project I start with a source of inspiration. It might be a beautiful antique piece, a rug, a great fabric, or even a finish. For Villa Cantina it was a painting that was a gift from our children, and a memo sample from one of my favorite fabric houses Cowtan & Tout.
Painting purchased at: Wisteria Antiques ( one of my favorite local haunts)
http://www.wisteriaantiques.net/

Cowtan & Tout # F1406-04 Livingstone (Brown)
The Cowtan fabric has to be my splurge fabric on this project, all other fabrics need to have a great look but be economical as well.
Villa Cantinas stronges virtue is the amazing vista off the main balcony. In my next post I will show the importance of bringing the outside in by incorporating the colors of the neighboring landscape.






No comments:

Post a Comment