Friday, July 13, 2012

Project Update

My last “design related” post describing our vision for the lower patio area was here http://villacantinas.blogspot.com/2012/03/lower-patio-construction-and.html  My husband and son have been working on it off and on the past six months or so but lately rather diligently as we have a family reunion coming up and we need the extra space, not to mention a reprieve from the heat!! They do all the hard work…I just come up with the ideas that complicate things! Actually they come up with probably more ideas than I…but theirs are always more practical. 

These are the kinds of things I do that drive THEM crazy….I have already purchased the chairs, the clock, the shutters, and probably many things they think are unimportant!

Here is the clock waiting to be hung.  I love the fact that it is the same green as the trim.

image

I don’t have a picture of the shutters after I cleaned and oiled them so I won’t post until they are hung.

Here is what the “boys” have accomplished in just a few weeks.  They laid base rock (several truckloads) and laid this concrete wall. The base rock will be covered with “california gold” this weekend.

image

They designed and built this unique fence.  Here at the lake a fence has to be see through.  Well you know what that means…chain link, etc….ugly! They built this with redwood posts and rebar!

image

Next our good friend and plasterer extraordinaire John of Favazza Plastering came down and helped us out and wala! It now looks like this

 

image

 

And this…. after we began planting (with what we could find locally).  Notice the table base in the picture.  Our friend and very talented craftsman Jim built the base for us and we are going to add a zinc top.  I will post a better picture upon completion.

 

image

 

This weekend or the next couple we (meaning the boys) will be installing the metal for the fountain ala the fabulous design of katie denham that she posted about on her blog here http://katie-d-i-d.blogspot.com/2011/06/remodeling-its-starting-to-look-like.html.  Then we will finish the tabletop, and hang the shutters and clock. I will have a more interesting follow up post to this in the next couple weeks.

9 comments:

  1. The last pic is already fabulous. And the garden is not complete.

    Sure sign of good design.

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara I can't tell you how much that means coming from you! I am in complete awe of your design sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across your fantastic project, it's lovely to see how your vision is all coming together and with shutters in situ and that lovely clock I'm sure it will look beautiful. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous...Can't wait to see how this all turns out. You are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cavalcade is absolute informative. It is a amusement account it. I acquire aswell bookmarked you for blockage out new posts. Renewable activity
    military shirts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice plan on putting calm a complete arresting post. Aces ceremony and complete accessible information. Able apprehension out and able written.
    Wholesale gold chains

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie ! I love your blog ! You have a new follower from Chile !
    Angélica

    ReplyDelete
  8. The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.
    retirement income planner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, nice website you acquire here! Accrue up the able work!
    Trebinje apartment

    ReplyDelete