Thursday, July 15, 2010

What is Old is New Again

I apologize for my sporadic posting lately.  Houseguests and work have occupied my time of late.   Remember the shutters that I showed you in one of my previous posts that I purchased from Capitol Salvage?

shutters

Here is what the last guestroom looked like when we purchased Villa Cantina

DSC00081


Here is the room now with one of the shutters hung above the bed

DSC00796
I mixed and matched a group of these old ceiling tiles from Urban Evolutions to reflect the color pallet of the living area

Antique Architectural Ceiling TinAntique Architectural Ceiling Tin

Here is what the wall looked like before
DSC00508

Here is what the gallery wall looks like now!  Much more interesting don’t you think?

DSC00789

I think it provides a great alternative to expensive art.  You can find some similar ones here:  http://stores.ebay.com/urbanevolutions

2 comments:

  1. The ceiling tiles are gorgeous! I love them as art.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love those ceiling tiles....the perfect solution for that wall.

    ReplyDelete